In 2014, for the first time ever, mobile device usage surpassed desktop usage. As that number keeps growing, it’s important that you keep up with technology trends and shift your marketing strategies to mobile so you can stay visible in front of your next client. This means that you need a mobile marketing strategy now more than ever! Below are a few tips that will help you get started:
Why you need a mobile first marketing strategy
According to a recent study done by the National Association of Realtors, 89% of consumers use a mobile device during their search for a new home. So what does this mean for you? It means that your next client is looking for you on their mobile phone. To take that one step further, the same study also found that 77% of new home shoppers who use their mobile device were doing so in the comfort of their own home. Consumers are choosing to use their mobile device instead of their laptop or desktop. It’s because of this shift to mobile, that developing a mobile marketing strategy is imperative to turn more consumers into into clients.
How to develop a mobile first marketing strategy
When developing your mobile marketing strategy there are a few areas you will want to focus on.
1. Have a mobile version of your website.
2. Make sure your mobile site is easy to navigate.
3. Employ systems that auto-respond to online leads via text.
4. Keep in touch with clients via email AND text.
5. Make sure your online ads are optimized for mobile.
Tools that will help you get it done
1. On average, consumers only spend 15 seconds on a website before deciding to move on. So it’s important that your website is compatible on mobile devices or else you’ll lose your potential client very quickly. Website builders like Wix, Placester, and uKit offer real estate templates that come with a mobile version built in.
2. Along with making your website mobile compatible, consider designing your digital ads with a mobile first mindset as well. If you’re not already using digital ads, Facebook ads are a great way to get in front of your next client. In September 2016, Facebook reported over 1.79 billion active users and of that, a staggering 92% of them are using Facebook from their mobile device. With a userbase like this, it’s important you’re optimizing Facebook ads for mobile to get in front of your next potential client.
3. When managing and responding to online leads, creating a mobile first strategy is crucial. Did you know that 95% of text messages get read within 5 minutes of receiving them? Employing the use of a CRM that has texting capabilities, like Follow Up Boss, is important. Follow Up Boss allows you to set up auto-response texts and emails to leads that you get from your website or online advertisements.
4. Lastly, having a mobile first strategy doesn’t stop once you’re working with a client. Staying in touch with your buyer clients throughout their home search should also be part of your mobile strategy. Tools that leverage texting, like Cloud Streams, are a great way to keep you and your buyers in the loop on the newest listings as soon as they hit the market.
Have you already shifted your strategy to cater to the mobile consumer? If so, let us know your experience in the comments below! We’d love to hear how you’re reaching and adapting to mobile consumers.