Tom Ferry is one of the real estate industry’s leading coaches and has helped over 500,000 agents by providing more than 30,000 hours of personal coaching. He hosts over 100 live events annually and with a 97% satisfaction rate, I jumped on the opportunity to attend the Elevate Your Income event when it was hosted locally. I was so impressed, I wanted to share my top 3 takeaways:
1. Change Your Mindset – Change Your Life
One of Tom Ferry’s top mantras is, “To increase my income, I have to increase my level of thinking.” What does this mean exactly? It’s actually pretty simple. Tom Ferry encourages people to make a few simple lifestyle changes that will in turn make them more successful in the long run. Here are two examples:
- Get up early and move! According to the Huffington Post, working out in the morning can increase your mental clarity up to ten hours post exercise. So set your alarm a little earlier and get to the gym, go on a run, take your dog for a walk, anything to give yourself that boost of energy so you’re ready to tackle the day.
- Set daily goals to stay motivated. Every day you should be waking up and setting your intentions, making it that much easier to achieve your goals since they are fresh in your mind. Having a hard time getting motivated? No problem! There are plenty of motivational videos on Tom Ferry’s blog!
2. Focus On Mini Positive Interactions
Now that you have exercised and motivated yourself, your next hurdle is getting new clients – which is no easy task. So what does Tom Ferry suggest you do? The answer is simple: have lots of mini positive interactions. This means that when you talk with potential buyers or sellers, you should be focused on asking more questions that are geared towards them so you can truly get to know them better. When people feel you are genuinely interested in what is going on in their lives, they are more likely to do business with you.
3. Develop a Facebook Posting Strategy
With more than 1.9 billion users, it’s no secret that Facebook is one of the top social media apps, and since it’s free, all real estate agents should be using it. Here are some tips, according to Tom Ferry, to get the most out of Facebook Marketing:
- Post 5 comments per day on your friends’ pages. Not only does this show that you are engaged, but your contact info will be constantly out there.
- Post 5-7 status updates per week on your personal page, but be sure to only make 2-3 of those posts real estate specific, you don’t want to drown your friends and followers with real estate-only related posts.
- Use Facebook Live. As soon as you go live, your followers will receive a notification so they can tune in and watch instantly. Once your broadcast is over, your live video will be published on your page or profile, so those who missed your live stream will be able to watch hours after the broadcast has ended. This will help keep you top of mind to prospects in your sphere of influence.
Want more tips like these? Check out Tom Ferry’s full list of events and sign up to attend one today. http://www.tomferry.com/events/